Contact Lavender House
Constitutional Facial Acupuncture
Constitutional facial acupuncture helps bring mind, body, and soul into balance and you will see a new vibrance emerge. By incorporating your individual constitution into the treatment, the entire process becomes not only balanced, but also allows beauty to radiate outwards.
While facial acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment for renewing the appearance of your face, it also has a variety of constitutional and psycho-emotional benefits.
Possible constitutional benefits are:
- helps treat insomnia, dizziness, and vertigo
- benefits sensory organs
- can ease gastrointestinal disorders
- can help for hypo- and hyperthyroidism
- relieves sinus congestions and headaches
- helps with gynaecological and reproductive issues
Possible psycho-emotional benefits are:
- can help bring issues of abuse to the surface and help process them
- reduces anxiety and panic attacks
- alleviates depression by relaxing the muscles in the face and scalp
- allows emotional stability by regulating emotions that shape the contours of the face (anger, grief, worry, fright, melancholy, excess joy)
- reduces stress
And yes, there are also benefits to your appearance, a great bonus on top of the constitutional and psycho-emotional benefits:
- improved collagen production and muscle tone
- reduced bags and sagging tendencies
- elimination of fine lines and diminishing of larger wrinkles
- reduced double chins and lifted drooping eye lids
- tightened pores and brightened eyes
- improved facial colour
Those are additional perks most of us can live with, right? However, before you begin treatment, you have to be sure it's right for you. Facial acupuncture is not an option for you if...
- you have severe high blood pressure (ok if monitored and treated by a doctor)
- you had a migraine within the last three months
- you are pregnant
- you currently have a cold or the flu
- you are diabetic
- you are currently taking blood thinners like Warfarin or Aspirin
If there are no objections to getting started, you can expect about 12-15 treatments, once per week (~ 60 minutes), for one complete cycle. However, depending on lifestyle choices such as smoking or a poor diet, up to 20 treatments (or more) may be necessary to achieve desired results.
This is what you can typically expect over the course of the treatment:
- 1st treatment: increased glow to complexion, face appears more open and relaxed
- 5th - 7th treatment: marked changes in wrinkles and skin tone; lifting of the jowls, neck, and eyes has begun; in the body, systems are balancing and other health benefits will be noted
- end of series: you should look 5-10 years younger
The lasting effect of the treatment depends on many variables, such as your age and lifestyle choices. A healthy person can see results lasting up to two years; coming to the clinic once a month for maintenance treatments can prolong the effect.
Do you think constitutional facial acupuncture might be for you? Not sure if it is, or you have questions? Don't hesitate to reach out, I'm happy to answer all additional questions you may have.
I am offering facial acupuncture treatments for $125 per session (~60 minutes), or $1100 for a series of ten treatments. Contact me to book an appointment, and download the consent form to prepare for your first treatment.
I'm looking forward to helping you feel and look your best, inside and out!